Monday, August 3, 2009

Wedding Wrap

I am getting married on October 10, 2009! Whooo hooo! Most of the planning is done and we are in the home stretch but it has been a long ride so far. Paul officially proposed to me on 1/10/09. Paul was at work until 8pm, but I was at home making dinner for us. While I was cooking, I heard the dogs going crazy in the backyard. I went out to investigate and heard whimpering noises. As I approached the back fence, I realized that the neighbors dog was in labor and had already had 2 puppies. I was worried because it was cold outside and the momma dog was not taking care of them. I ran inside and got a blanket, tried to throw it over the fence to warm the puppies, but it wasn't working.

Paul got home and I re-capped what had happened. I said 'will you ride over to the neighbors and see if they are home because their dog is having puppies and it is cold.' His reply was 'let's get in the car and go over there.' So, we got in the car and I told him, 'this is why I love you. you don't even question going over to someones house we don't know. you just do it because I asked.' And then, he looked at me, and said, 'I love you and I love puppies. And, you are getting a ring tonight.' Then, he put the ring on my finger and asked if I would be his wife. Of course I said yes and cried a little....I am a big sap.

So, the puppies ended up fine. Here they are.... so cute right?

So, now that most of the prep work is done for the wedding, I have started knitting a wedding wrap. I picked a shell pink alpaca, very soft. Here it is so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment