Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sangria Sisters

I went to Durham to visit my sister Jennifer. I love spending time with her and her family. Her husband offered to stay at home with their boys while Jennifer and I went out for dinner. We went to Blue Corn Cafe. Both Jennifer and I love sangria. Jennifer would always make a batch of sangria when the 'KAK Sisters' would get together. She even named her recipe 'KAK Sister Sangria'. I will explain the 'KAK Sisters' at another time.

So, in honor of my upcoming nuptials, we got a pitcher of sangria. It was deelish! There is nothing better on a hot summer day than some refreshing sangria and some smokey, spicey Mexican food. So, whip up a pitcher with some of your closest friends and enjoy drink, food, and laughter. Try this recipe for a base and add whatever fruit is in season. Also, a cinnamon stick in each glass is a nice touch:
  • 1 Bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja reds, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
  • 1 Lemon cut into wedges
  • 1 Orange cut into wedges
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 Shot brandy
  • 2 Cups ginger ale or club soda

No comments:

Post a Comment