Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Box Wine and Blogging


I have been remiss. All this talk about yarn and knitting without the influence of wine. I enjoy wine. I would venture to say I love it. But, do not get me wrong. I am not a wine snob. Back in the day, I was know to partake of the Boone’s Farm Kuntry Kwencher. That’s right. I am not ashamed to admit that I would throw down some MD 20/20. If it was a special night, I would break out a jug of Gallo Hearty Burgundy mixed with Sprite in a Solo cup, drinking, listening to Van Halen on 8 track. Good times.

So, while I appreciate a good Malbec from Argentina or a crisp Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand, I have my standard that never fails me. My Franzia Box of Merlot. Laugh all you want, but if you just want to have a glass before bed, there is nothing better. And it’s convenient and stays fresh for a looooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg time due to the mylar bag.

So, go out, buy yourself a box (usually around 17 bucks or so), put on some great tunes, and pick up those sticks and knit.

1 comment: