Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflect and Renew

It is only natural when one year is ending and another beginning, to look back and reflect. The air if full of talk about what we did, how we did it, and how we will change in the new year. In thinking of this yearly ritual, I wonder why we only assess our lives yearly. That being said, I still look back at 2011 with all it’s ups and downs and think, what does 2012 have in store for me and mine.

Reflect: Lessons I learned in 2011
1. Kindness can come from where you least expect it.
2. That which does not kill you, truly does make you stronger.
3. I can no longer party like a rock star.
4. Laughter until you cry or pee your pants is awesome.
5. Honestly actually feels good and does not change the way someone who truly loves you feels.
6. Unconditional love....period.
7. Parents are cool and I want them around all the time.
8. Live life one moment at a time, otherwise it is too overwhelming.
9. Live music feeds the soul.
10. The love I feel for my family, friends, and Husband is more than I could ever imagine.

2011 was an interesting year. Overall, I am so thankful for the life I have and all the people, experiences, and opportunities that I have been given. So, for 2012, I do not want to make a typical resolution.

Renew: What to look forward to in 2012
1. Simply live ever moment to the fullest.
2. Look forward not back.
3. Say “yes” more often.

These three simple themes will be my mantra for 2012: Live, Love, and Laugh.

1 comment: